Residents wanting to play tennis or a pickup game of sand volleyball can do so soon at North Hill Park in Murphy this summer as the city finishes renovations at the park.
Tree-planting and other finishing touches also are occurring at Travis Farm Park across town.
Renovations and upgrades are part of the 2017 bond package. Waters Edge Park renovations were finished last year.
Ken Lee, project manager for bonds, outlined the new features of the parks:
North Hill Park
- New exercise station with rubberized surfacing
- New double-lighted tennis courts
- New restroom
- New concrete trails around the southeast section of the park
- New benches around the concrete trails
- New trees
- Trail area re-graded with hydro-mulched grass seed
By Don Munsch • [email protected]