Lady Panthers pounced on all-district honors for the 2019 soccer season.
Making the District 9-6A first-team were Taryn Barnfield, Quincy Sheppard and Emma Riley.
Angel Shamba, Alexandra Krska and Savannah Lingle were on the second-team.
The coaching staff picked Leanna Deeb, Landrey Krodel and Rachel Moore as honorable mentions.
All in all it was a successful girls soccer season according to head coach Cristy Cooley.
Plano East went 14-6-5 overall and 3-4-5 in district.
One of the many factors behind the Lady Panthers missing the playoffs was the loss of several key players to injuries.
The Sunday before the season began Alexa Pivnick, one of the teams leading scorers, went down with a season-ending injury.
With those losses, four players were called up from Plano East’s junior varsity and at times they had just two subs on the bench.
District 9-6A awards
- Most Valuable Player – McKinney Boyd’s Sydni Perry
- Forward of the Year – Prosper’s Jordyn Herrera
- Midfielder of the Year – Allen’s Jordan Colbert
- Defender of the Year – Plano West’s Ellie Lemaster
- Goalkeeper of the Year – Allen’s Jen Peters
- Newcomer of the Year – Boyd’s Morgan Westbury
- Co-Utility Player of the Year – Plano’s Natalie Martinez and Prosper’s Lauren Miller
- Coach of the Year – Boyd’s Meagan Wilson
By David Jenkins • [email protected]